Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Ever changing Vision

Everyone has dreams, goals, and aspirations for their life. As a child my mother used to ask me, “What do you want to be when you grow up?” My response was always the same, “A table a chair, and a clown.” In “The Power of Vision,” the speaker pointed out that adults ask children these questions in order to help them envision a future for themselves. Although I think my personal childhood responses are comical, it id foster early in me to think about my future and what career path I should take
Just six short years ago I ha a vision that I am thankful to say came true. I wanted to be a performer on a national tour and off-Broadway. I always dreamed of being a Broadway actress, and as such I took the appropriate steps to fulfill my vision. . I went to a conservatory, moved to NYC; I auditioned for parts daily, and eventually got an agent and manager. These actions all led to my success in many shows, independent films, voice over’s, recordings, and theater. But like many things in life, as we grow older, our vision for the future changes. What we wanted at one point in life isn’t necessarily what we desire later on.
This brings me to the dilemma I am in now. I know there are some things I envision for my future – a family, a career I enjoy, and personal success – but how I get there and which vehicle I use are still a blur. I am sure, like many things, my vision will reveal itself at the appropriate time.

No comments:

Post a Comment